Whiptail, a popular restaurant that opened a little over a year ago, is hosting a beer dinner Tuesday night to showcase Ex Novo Brewing Company products.
Whiptail held a wine dinner event in September that was sold out as well as a whiskey dinner in October. Owner Chastity Bustos said there are 12 seats remaining for Tuesday’s beer dinner.
The four-course plus an appetizer meal will feature food chosen by Bustos and her chefs that will pair perfectly with Ex Novo beers.
Doors open for the beer dinner at 6:30 p.m. with the first course being served at 7 p.m. Tickets are $65 per person and can be purchased in the restaurant or by calling 505-859-7410.
The menu for Tuesday’s dinner is:
- Greetings: The Most Interesting Lager in the World paired with Ex Novo beer-battered Crispy Shishito Peppers, served with lemon preserve and house garlic aioli.
- Course 1: Nevermore Barley Wine paired with One Hot Date, pork belly wrapped dates with smoked gouda and a maple bourbon sauce.
- Course 2: Spin Move Double Hazy IPA accompanied by Bougie Baker, twice baked potato with roasted garlic, spinach, mushroom trio and truffle white cheddar.
- Course 3: Munich Dunkel accompanied by Spear Fishing, tempura battered haddock, Asian slaw, Ex Novo beer battered pickle spear and Thai chimichurri sauce.
- Course 4: Merion Berries Sour served with Chama Momma Pie, a Chama style strawberry rhubarb pie with fresh strawberries, mint sprig and housemade whip cream.
“We’re really excited,” Whiptail owner Chastity Bustos said. “It’s our first one of the new year and we’re gearing up for Valentine’s Day. I’m excited to show everyone what great local beers we have here.”