Listen to the weather
Today will be extremely hot with temperatures reaching triple digits.
Albuquerque National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for many parts of the state.
“Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors,” Albuquerque National Weather Service Meteorologist Randall Herdgert said.
With heat this extreme, you might want to take a cold shower. If for some reason going outside is what you want to do, remember to wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
You can also try and make shaved ice at home. See the recipe below.
Here’s the forecast:
Today will be sunny and hot with a high near 101 and a low around 72. There will be some slight winds.
Watermelon shaved ice:
- 4 cups cubed watermelon from about 1 small personal watermelon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups shaved ice
- Blend watermelon until smooth. Strain through fine mesh strainer, nutmilk bag or cheesecloth.
- Stir 1 cup watermelon juice with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Remove and cool. Pour into glass jar or syrup dispenser.
- Meanwhile, use food processor to process ice until fluffy.
- Place about a cup of shaved ice in a small glass or parfait cup. Pour watermelon syrup over to coat. Serve with a spoon and straw.