Other than Wednesday’s slight chance of storms, this week will be sunny and hot. Friday is expected to hit a triple-digit high of 100 degrees.
“It’s going to be a hot one,” said Dan Porter, meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Albuquerque.
Porter advised people to drink plenty of fluids and to be aware of heat stroke.
Here’s a rundown for the week:
- Monday will be clear with a high of 94 degrees and a low of 61.
- Tuesday will be clear with a high of 98 degrees and a low of 63.
- Wednesday will be clear during the day with a high of 97 degrees. Wednesday night will have a low of 62 and calls for a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms and showers before midnight.
- Thursday will be mostly cloudy with a high of 97 degrees and a low of 64.
- Friday will be the hottest part of the week with a high of 100 degrees.