Smith’s Food & Drug Stores is seeking to hire new associates as they ready for the holiday season and beyond.
The grocer is searching for talent across many roles, both in stores and across multiple business units.
In Rio Rancho, there is a Smith’s at 1000 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE.
“Discover a fresh opportunity ahead of the holidays at Smith’s and join our team of associates,” said Aubriana Martindale, Smith’s corporate affairs manager in a press release. “Whether you are seeking a part-time job or a new career, we strive to empower our associates to feed their future by providing all the right ingredients they need to succeed.”
- Wages & Benefits: Smith’s provides comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, healthcare, and retirement. The Kroger Family of Companies has invested an incremental $1.2B in associate compensation and benefits since 2018, raising the average hourly rate to over $17/hour and over $22/hour when comprehensive benefits are included.
- Continued Education & Tuition Reimbursement: Smith’s tuition reimbursement program, offering up to $21,000 for both part-time and full-time associates, covers GED courses to Ph.D. programs. Since its inception, this program has contributed more than $31.2 million to help associates at the Kroger Family of Companies further their education with 87 percent of the recipients being store associates.
- Training & Development: Smith’s offers on-demand, role-specific training and resources through internal channels and modern learning platforms, as well as leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity, and inclusion training.
- Health & Wellness: Smith’s continues to support associates’ safety, health, and well-being by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy. Associates have access to resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers free counseling sessions, and BetterHelp virtual counseling. The organization also encourages the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga, and sleep. Additionally, Smith’s continues toaward a one–time payment of $100 to associates who become fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Perks & Discounts: Smith’s provides flexible scheduling, an advance pay option through partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel and more.