Fred Shepherd, SEA president and CEO accepts award (Courtesy photo)
While attending the Governor’s Statewide Conference on Economic Development Sept. 27th, Sandoval Economic Alliance (SEA) was awarded the Certified Economic Development Organization (EDO) status by the New Mexico Economic Development Department (NMEDD).
Fred Shepherd, president and CEO, accepted the award.
“The application process was a rigorous one where SEA demonstrated its ability to provide economic development services throughout Sandoval County. I am extremely proud of the hard work and success of our team in receiving this honor.” said SEA Board Chair JR Allison.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Recognize excellence in local EDOs
- Heighten the visibility of the economic development process in New Mexico
- Build capacity for economic development among organizations
- Encourage professional development for New Mexico’s economic developers
- Facilitate the recruitment, retention, expansion, and creation of economic-base jobs throughout New Mexico
- Establish a stable, diversified economy that will improve the quality of life for New Mexicans
New Mexican not-for-profit organizations with the primary purpose of developing the economic base in their community are eligible to apply to become a NMEDD Certified EDO. Certified EDO’s will receive funding from NMEDD up to $40,000 annually and the certification is a two-year grant, renewable for up to 10 years through a recertification process.
To learn more about Sandoval Economic Alliance, please visit our website at www.sea-nm.com.