Sandoval County is hosting its annual Thanksgiving food drive at the Treasurer’s Office until Nov. 15.
“The holiday season can be a difficult time for many families in our community which is why it is so important for all of us to pull together to help. It’s as simple as picking up a few more items as we shop and dropping them off at a donation site,” Sandoval County Treasurer Jennifer Taylor said.
Like previous years, they partnered with Checkerboard Food Pantry to help those in need.
Distribution of these items will take place on Nov. 16 via a drive-through program at the Checkerboard Food Pantry located in Cuba, NM.
The county will be accepting non-perishable items like canned goods and boxed stuffing. They will also accept pie crust mix and bread mix.
Here are the other available donation sites:
- Chavez Ortega Agency 6366 Highway 550, Cuba, NM 87013
- Mickey’s Save-Way Market 6392 Highway 44 Ste B, Cuba, NM 87013
- El Bruno’s Restaurante y Cantina (Cuba) 6453 Main St, Cuba, NM 87013
- Cuba Magistrate Court 6354 US-550, Cuba, NM 87013
- New Mexico Bank & Trust 7830 Enchanted Hills Blvd NE, Rio Rancho, NM 87144
- Bosque Brewery North 834 US-550, Bernalillo, NM 87004
- Albertsons Market 7800 Enchanted Hills Dr. NE, Rio Rancho, NM 87144
- Albertsons Market 4300 Ridgecrest Dr, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
“I believe Sandoval County is the best when it comes to generosity and pulling together for the common good. It is my goal to continue these holiday outreach events for the duration of my term and, hopefully, the tradition will continue through future administrations,” Taylor said.