ALBUQUERQUE — Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union (SLFCU) has donated $10,000 in cash as well as school supplies to benefit public schools in New Mexico and Livermore, Calif., as part of the Corporate Volunteer Council’s annual School Supply Drive.
The credit union has a branch in Rio Rancho at 1900 Wellspring Ave SE.
“We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of our members,” said Vice President of Marketing Melissa Stock. “Every time we ask for any kind of help in the community, they immediately step forward. Whether it’s collecting school supplies for all the school districts in communities we serve or money to fund a teacher for the UNM Hospital Children’s Wing, we could not ask for anything more from our members.”
The money raised in each community with an SLFCU Branch will go to schools in that community. This year, SLFCU is donating $10,000 to six different school districts:
- $5,000 – Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation
- $1,000 – Foundation for Educational Excellence (Farmington Municipal School District)
- $1,000 – Rio Rancho Education Foundation
- $1,000 – Los Lunas Public Schools
- $1,000 – Moriarty-Edgewood School District
- $1,000 – Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (Calif.)
SLFCU members and staff also contributed $3,075 to Albuquerque Public Schools for a total of $8,075 donated to APS.
Along with cash donations, SLFCU utilizes its branches as drop-off locations for much needed donations of school supplies.