Several seats on different boards, committees and commissions are vacant or will soon be vacant, and the city of Rio Rancho is looking for residents to fill those openings,
Those interested can apply online or submit their documents (résumé and application) to the Office of the City Clerk located inside Rio Rancho City Hall (3200 Civic Center Circle). Applications will be accepted until a seat is filled.
Here are the vacancies the cty is looking to fill:
• Arts Commission – two seats (City Council Districts 3 and 4)
Seeking applications from residents with professional experience or knowledge in an art-related discipline.
• Capital Improvements Plan Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CIPCAC) – one seat (at large)
Seeking applications from residents with backgrounds in real estate, development or building industries.
• Investment Advisory Board – one seat (City Council District 2)
Seeking applications from residents with backgrounds in public finance or public funds investing.
• Keep Rio Rancho Beautiful Committee – three seats (City Council Districts 2, 3 and 6)
Seeking applications from residents interested in improving the quality of life in the community by focusing specifically on recycling, litter prevention, beautification, environmental education and solid waste handling practices.
• Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board – one seat (lodging)
Seeking applications from residents who are owners or operators of lodgings subject to occupancy tax within the city.
• Parks and Recreation Commission – one seat (City Council District 2)
Seeking applications from residents who are interested in ensuring the efficient, economical and comprehensive planning of parks and recreation.
• Planning and Zoning Board – four seats (Council Districts 2, 5, 6 and at large)
Seeking applications from residents who are interested in promoting a comprehensive planning process with the general purpose of guiding and accomplishing a coordinated, adjusted, aesthetically appealing and harmonious development of the city.
• Public Infrastructure Advisory Board – three seats (Council Districts 1, 2 and 6)
Seeking applications from residents who are interested in providing input regarding the proposed annual operating and capital improvement budget in relation to roads, drainage and the water and wastewater utilities system.
• Senior Services Advisory Board – one seat (City Council District 3)
Seeking applications from residents interested in the efficient and economical management and operation of Rio Rancho’s senior services programs and facilities.
For additional information, including confirmation of City Council District residency, contact the Office of the City Clerk at 505-891-5004.