Starting today, PNM is accepting broken down fridges to recycle. People can earn $100 from PNM by recycling them. They say they will even pick up the fridges for free.
“The Refrigerator Recycling Program is a great way for customers to save energy,” said Alaric Babej, manager of customer program marketing and development for PNM. “PNM wants to make it easy for customers to get rid of an old unit that may not be running as efficiently as it could. By recycling a fridge through our program, customers are taking stress off their system and in turn, saving money on their bill. What makes this even better is that in July, customers will receive $100 instead of $75.”
Here’s the press release:
Now in July, Customers can earn $100 by recycling their old working fridge or freezer. PNM will even pick it up for free.
New Mexicans who recycle their old units can have a tremendous positive impact on the environment. For example:
- Each fridge recycled keeps over 150 lbs. of material out of the waste stream.
- Every ton of plastic recycled (approximately 80 fridges) saves 30 cubic yards of landfill space.
- 95% of the material in fridges and freezers processed in a recycling facility is recycled or disposed of in a safe manner.
Recycling an old fridge is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Schedule your pick-up date online at www.arcaincutility.com/NM/PNM/
- Tell us how you’d like to have your unit picked up. PNM offers in-home or outside pick-up.
- Receive your $100 check in the mail about four weeks from the pick-up date.
To learn more about the program, please visit www.pnm.com/fridge.