This year, the third annual Placitas Holiday Market will return to the traditional weekend before Thanksgiving with events at seven sites located on or near Highway 165.
“Pick up a map and follow the Candy Cane signage to the market sites,” a release states.
The locations will feature art, crafts, food and drinks with proceeds going to the works of local community groups and charities.
The locations on the trail are:
• Wild Hearts Gallery, Homestead Village Shopping Center, 220 B NM-165: An art collective displaying the artwork of 16 local artists. A portion of the sales will benefit Placitas volunteer Fire Brigade in honor of the 50th anniversary of Placitas’ volunteer fire department, providing fire protection services to the Placitas community.
• Placitas Community Library, 453 NM 165: A nonprofit providing children and adult programs, an art gallery and meeting space for community use. With a Holiday Fiesta theme, the library will feature 14 artists, a raffle benefiting library programs, Talavera pottery sale and a bake and book sale.
• Placitas Winery, 26 Camino de los Pueblitos: A micro-winery producing fruit wines and a community event center. It will feature 26 artists, a raffle, wine, beer and food to warm the spirits. Raffle sales benefit the Placitas Elementary School art program.
• Historic Las Placitas Presbyterian Church, 7 Paseo de San Antonio : This 19th-century Spanish village church will feature the artwork of 12 artists and crafters. Sales will benefit Placitas Artists Series, a nonprofit that produces annual music performances and art exhibitions in the church.
• Historic San Antonio Mission, 43 Paseo San Antonio: Established in 1840, the mission serves the Catholic community in Placitas. It will feature 18 local artists, a raffle and an array of New Mexican foods. Sales will benefit their ongoing philanthropic projects.
• Placitas Elementary School, 5 Camino del Carbon in the historic village of Placitas and home of the Placitas Panthers. It ranks among the top 25% of public and charter schools in the state. It will feature 16 booths with many artists, a raffle benefiting the fine arts education at the school and some home baked goods benefiting the school’s educational program.
• Placitas Community Senior Center, 41 Camino de Las Huertas: Provides classes, exercise, field trips and more plus services to seniors including congregate meals, meal delivery and transportation. The center will display a variety of art and crafts.
Maps will be available at all venue sites and online. Admission is free. For more information and preview of artists, visit placitasholidaymarket.com