RIO RANCHO – Work on the Northern Blvd. corridor is in final design stage and state and local officials have set an online public meeting for information.
The meeting will be Thursday, Sept. 29, according to a press statement.
The meeting will be hosted by the City of Rio Rancho, in cooperation with the New Mexico Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration.
The project is in the final design phase.
The purpose of the Northern Boulevard Expansion Phase B Project (Acal Place to Broadmoor Blvd.) is to accommodate future traffic demands, improve safety, provide multi-modal travel options, and correct physical deficiencies, the statement said. This will be accomplished by implementing an expansion of the roadway to four-driving lanes; access improvements; multi-modal infrastructure with accessible routes and connectivity for pedestrians and bicyclists; and water, sanitary sewer and drainage infrastructure improvements.
Here’s more information:
- Introduction will begin at 5:30 p.m. followed by a presentation at 5:40 p.m. with questions and comments at 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. To participate in this public meeting, use the log-in information provided below.
- To participate in the public meeting with Microsoft Teams Meeting:
- Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- Meeting ID: 250 797 210 281
- Passcode: pgZdYR
- Or call in (audio only)
- +1 (872) 240-8738
- Phone Conference ID: 740 019 31#
- To request a digital version of the meeting link, contact Savina Garcia, [email protected] 505.892.5141 x10930.
- To request Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-related accommodations for the meeting, contact Eric Johnson at (505) 278-7066 or at [email protected] at least three days before the meeting.
- Please send written comments by October 14, 2022 to: Eric Johnson, NV5, 4374 Alexander Blvd. NE Suite K, Albuquerque, NM 87107; phone: (505) 278-7066; and email: [email protected].
- Additional project information is available at https://www.rrnm.gov/4662/Northern-Boulevard.