Tomorrow is Election Day for the City of Rio Rancho. If you’re planning to vote, don’t forget your photo ID.
Voters who didn’t cast ballots early can do so at any of the voting convenience centers, regardless of precinct, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Those locations are:
- Cabezon Community Center, 2307 Cabezon Blvd.
- Southern Plaza, 2003 Southern Blvd., Suite 126.
- Broadmoor Senior Center, 3241 Broadmoor Blvd.
- Loma Main Colorado Library, 755 Loma Colorado Blvd.
- Haynes Community Center, 2006 Grande Blvd.
- Plaza at Enchanted Hills, 7845 Enchanted Hills Blvd, Suite 100.
- Rio Rancho Middle School, 1600 Loma Colorado Blvd.
- Cielo Azul Elementary, 3804 Shiloh Road.
- Rockaway Plaza, 111 NM 528, Suite 103.
- Puesta Del Sol Elementary, 450 Southern Blvd.
People who obtained absentee ballots must return them to an in-person voting location or the city clerk’s office, 3200 Civic Center Circle, Suite 150, by 7 p.m. Tuesday. Absentee voters who haven’t already mailed their ballots will need to hand-carry them.
Sample ballots and an absentee ballot tracker can be viewed at rrnm.gov/rrvotes by selecting “Voter Information Portal.” Candidate and campaign committee information, including campaign contribution records, are also on the city’s website.
As a reminder, the ballots contain these offices and questions:
- Mayor, four-year term, elected at large. For information on all three candidates and their views, click here.
- District 2 city councilor, four-year term, elected within the district only. Incumbent Jeremy Lenentine is running unopposed. For his responses to a candidate questionnaire, click here.
- District 3 city councilor, four-year term, elected within the district only. For the three candidates and their views, click here.
- District 5 city councilor, four-year term, elected within the district only. For the two candidates and their views, click here.
- Municipal judge, four-year term, elected at large. For both candidates and their views, click here.
- $10.6 million Road Bond question.
- $3.6 million Public Safety Bond question.
- $1 million Quality of Life Facilities Bond question. For information on all three bonds, click here.
- Six charter amendment questions, one of which would establish a permanent fund. For more information, click here.