ARLINGTON, Texas — Rio Rancho’s Jason Anderson remains within striking distance of this year’s 450SX Supercross Championship Series title.
Anderson took second place overall at the 450SX Triple Crown event Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, according to a press release from Feld Entertainment. He remains second overall in the standings, just six points back of first place.
The event also marked the eighth round of the 2022 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series.
Anderson won the final scheduled gate drop of the night. Despite his pass attempts being blocked early on by Eli Tomac of Cortez, Colorado, Anderson managed to pull ahead into first place close to five minutes and 30 seconds into the race and held on for good.
The victory also secured Anderson a second-place finish overall on Saturday.
Tomac remains No. 1 in the 450SX Class Championship Standings with 177 points, while Anderson’s still in second place with 171 points.
The ninth round of 450SX Class racing will be held March 5 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fl.
450SX Class Triple Crown Results for Saturday, Feb. 26
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha
2. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki
3. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., KTM
4. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda
5. Malcolm Stewart, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
6. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS
7. Dylan Ferrandis, Tallahassee, Fla., Yamaha
8. Justin Brayton, Charlotte, N.C., Honda
9. Shane McElrath, Oakland, Fla., KTM
10. Dean Wilson, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna
450SX Class Championship Standings as of Saturday, Feb. 26
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Yamaha (177)
2. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Kawasaki (171)
3. Malcolm Stewart, Murrieta, Calif., Husqvarna (149)
4. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., KTM (147)
5. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS (145)
6. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda (142)
7. Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM (128)
8. Dylan Ferrandis, Tallahassee, Fla., Yamaha (118)
9. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda (117)
10. Aaron Plessinger, Leesburg, Fla., KTM (97)