• Within Town Limits
      • Manufactured Homes & Structures Under 120 sq. ft.: Complete form on the town website. Click here.
      • You will need:
      • A site plan, including dimensions and front, side & rear setbacks from property lines.
      • Copy of rental agreement OR written authorization from landowner
      • Copy of title for mobile homes OR proof of HUD compliance for Manufactured Homes.
      • NM permits for water/septic OR Town of Bernalillo application for water & sewer services
      • Town of Bernalillo Floodplain Development permit if located in Flood Zone.
  • Site-Built Homes and Structures Over 120 sq. ft.
        • New Mexico Construction Industries Division Building permit required prior to construction.
        • To submit an application:
          • Contractors
            • Fill out Building Permit Application. Click here.
            •  Submit application & building plans to Planning & Zoning: Email.
          • Homeowner Builders
            • Fill out the application on the town website. Click here.
            • Submit application & building plans to Planning & Zoning: Email.
          • Town staff will
            • Conduct zoning & floodplain review
            • Email you signed application
          • Submit



CID issues the building permit on behalf of the Town of Corrales:

            • Submit 2 plan sets for review
            • After permit is issued, Building Inspector should be contacted for required inspections.
            • Rio Rancho performs mechanical, electrical & plumbing inspections for the Village. Permits & inspections for these disciplines need to be coordinated with subcontractors.
            • Note: Properties west of Loma Larga are required to have grading & drainage reports. Check with the Building Inspector: Joe Benney: (505) 702-4205


Rio Rancho:

    • Application: Click here.
    • You will need:
    • Site Plan
    • Framing Plan
    • Foundation Plan
    • Roofing Plan
    • Floor Plan
    • Finished Elevation
    • Must comply with minimum design standards
    • Signed & notarized Homeowner’s Responsibility if applicable
    • Provide 2 sets of all drawings


Unincorporated Sandoval County

    • Building permits are issued through the State of New Mexico’s Construction Industries Division (CID): Click here.
    • Construction can be new or additions to an existing structure.
    • Applications must be submitted first to Sandoval County Planning & Zoning.
    • Once processed, you can submit the application to the State or to the Town of Bernalillo.