Listen to the Weather
After a week that was scorching, to say the least, this week brings almost too much water. There is a flood warning on Tuesday for the entire state. The flood watch is from 6 a.m. to midnight on Tuesday.
“Stay away from rivers and avoid trenches,” Troy Marshall, meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Albuquerque, said.
This week, plan on staying inside to watch a movie or to possibly read a book. It is going to get nasty.
Here’s this week’s forecast:
- Today (June 20): chances of heavy rain and some light wind. The high will be around 84 degrees and the low will be around 62 degrees.
- Tuesday: flood warning, as chance of precipitation is 80 percent that day. All areas of the state will be affected. The high will be 73 degrees and the low will be 60 degrees.
- Wednesday: possibility of thunderstorms and heavy showers with a chance of precipitation at 60 percent during the day. The high will be 79 degrees and the low will be 60 degrees.
- Thursday: 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms, with a high of 84 degrees and a low of 62 degrees.
- Friday: chances of rain at 20 percent. The high will be 86 degrees and a low of 62 degrees.