The City of Rio Rancho is holding a runoff election for the District 3 city council seat since no candidate for that position received a majority of the votes in the March 1 election.
Early and absentee voting for registered District 3 residents is available through April 9. Election Day is April 12.
Candidates are incumbent Bob Tyler and challenger Joshua Antonio Jones.
Early voting locations are:
- Broadmoor Senior Center, 3241 Broadmoor Blvd.
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and
- Saturdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Plaza @ Enchanted Hills, 7845 Enchanted Hills Blvd., Suite 100
- Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Both early voting locations offer same-day voter registration.
The last day for voters to request an absentee by mail ballot is April 7. The last day for the clerk’s office to mail an absentee ballot is April 8.
For more information about the runoff election, please visit rrnm.gov/rrvotes. For information about Tyler’s and Jones’ views, click here.