In an effort to reach more citizens and encourage them to take part in the March 1 municipal election, City of Rio Rancho staff are holding public information events to educate voters.
These meetings will focus on ballot items not related to municipal officer positions, including the three general obligation bond questions, the permanent fund question and other charter amendment questions.
The community engagement events will take place virtually and at local restaurants, breweries, and coffee houses where city staff will answer citizens’ questions, host trivia nights and hand out brochures about the election.
Residents will also have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with city staff, including police, fire and rescue, public works, libraries and parks and recreation staff.
The current schedule:
• Monday, Jan. 24; 9-10 a.m.; Piñon Coffee House, 1761 NM 528.
• Tuesday, Feb. 1, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; Brew Lab 101, 3301 Southern Blvd.
• Thursday, Feb. 3; 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; virtual meeting and Q&A.
• Wednesday, Feb. 9; 8-9 a.m.; Einstein Bros. Bagels, 1908 Wellspring Ave., Ste. 100.
• Thursday, Feb. 10; 6:30-7:30 p.m.; The Local Brewhouse, 300 Unser Blvd.
• Tuesday, Feb. 15; 5-6 p.m.; Turtle Mountain Brewing Company, 905 36th Place.
• Wednesday, Feb. 16; 5-6 p.m.; Turtle Mountain North, 7835 Enchanted Hills Blvd.
• Thursday, Feb. 24; 6-7 p.m.; virtual Meeting and Q&A
For more details on each event and additional information on voter registration and absentee, early and Election Day voting, visit the city’s website, rrnm.gov/rrvotes.