The city of Rio Rancho has designated the March 5, 2024 voting convenience centers for the Municipal Election to elect city Councilors for Districts 1, 4 and 6.
The locations designated will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day. Early voting locations have not been discussed, though the City Clerk Rebecca Martinez says they estimate there will be four or five locations available. Some of the regular voting locations could be used in early voting.
Rio Rancho has 125 precincts, 119 in Sandoval County and six in Bernalillo County. However, five of the precincts in Bernalillo county have no registered voters.
There will be 12 locations available to registered voters:
- Cabezon Community Center, 2307 Cabezon Blvd.
- Southern Plaza, 2003 Southern Blvd.
- Broadmoor Senior Center, 3241 Broadmoor Blvd.
- Loma Colorado Library, 755 Loma Colorado Blvd.
- Sara Road and NM 528 area
- The Hub @ Enchanted Hills, 7845 Enchanted Hills Blvd.
- Rio Rancho Middle School, 1600 Loma Colorado Blvd.
- Cielo Azul Elementary School, 3804 Shiloh Road
- Northern and NM 528 area
- Puesta del Sol Elementary School, 450 Southern Blvd.
- Lincoln Middle School, 2287 Lema Road
- Colinas del Norte Elementary School, 1001 Night Sky Ave.
“The city of Rio Rancho has about 73,000 registered voters. Of those, we typically see about 10% turn out in these city council races. However, we must make way for and plan for as if a large number of voters are going to come out and cast ballots,” Martinez said.
Elections typically have more turnout for governor races and presidential races than local elections.
The reconstruction of Enchanted Hills Blvd. will not interfere with voter access to The Hub voting convenience center.