(Courtesy photo/Balloon Fiesta)
With Balloon Fiesta landing soon in Albuquerque, here are some tips from the Balloon Fiesta Insider newsletter.
The 50th Balloon Fiesta is right around the corner — beginning Oct. 1. And, to help you prepare, below are some of our favorite event tips.
- Book Park & Ride tickets in advance. Park & Ride provides round-trip transportation from remote lots around Albuquerque to Balloon Fiesta and is a great way to avoid traffic. Tickets for Park & Ride will not be sold on-site and must be purchased from com in advance.
- Arrive early. Gates open at 4:30 a.m. for morning sessions and at 3 p.m. for evening sessions. We recommend planning to arrive at Balloon Fiesta Park when the gates open.
- Dress in Layers. Early mornings and late evenings in Albuquerque can be especially chilly, with temperatures ranging from 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit. When the sun comes up, temperatures can be in the low 70s and have been as high as 80 degrees. There isn’t a lot of shade at Balloon Fiesta Park, so it is good to dress in layers to help you stay at a comfortable temperature throughout each session.
- Make sure you hydrate. Albuquerque has an altitude of about one mile high. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid altitude sickness.
- Download the Official Balloon Fiesta App. Balloon Fiesta’s mobile app provides guests with the opportunity to stay up-to-date on all things Balloon Fiesta, including receiving updates and finding balloons, concessionaires and other attractions. It is available for both Android and iOS systems.
Submit your photo for a chance to win big in the Cindy Petrehn Memorial Photo Contest. Submissions will be accepted Oct. 1-31, 2022 for the 50th event. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded $1,000.
Fiesta Sky Boxes Are Here!
New this year, is an all-inclusive, VIP experience, for groups of up to 20 people at Balloon Fiesta! Specially outfitted shipping containers will provide an elevated view of Balloon Fiesta, from a prime location on the field. Included in this package is admission to the event, premium parking passes, luxury restrooms, access to the Fiesta Sky Box patio and upper deck, a host bar and individual grazing boxes. Learn more and book your Fiesta Sky Box, here: https://balloonfiesta.com/Sky-Box
Fiesta’s NO DRONE ZONE and Security Checks
Safety is a top priority for Balloon Fiesta. And, to help keep guests, pilots and all involved safe, below are two public safety measures to keep in mind.
During October 1-9, 2022 Balloon Fiesta and the four-mile radius extending from the center of Balloon Fiesta Park are a NO DRONE ZONE. Balloon Fiesta and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) have established a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) for this area during the event and will not allow any unauthorized aircraft, including drones, into the air space. Learn more about this, here: https://balloonfiesta.com/Post/Albuquerque-International-Balloon-Fiesta-is-a-No-Drone-Zone
Additionally, Balloon Fiesta will have enhanced security checks, including metal detectors and increased bag check stations. Each gate will have multiple security stations and an Express Lane will be available for those without bags or with small clear plastic bags. Learn more about what is and isn’t allowed, here: https://balloonfiesta.com/Post/Whats-Allowed-at-Balloon-Fiesta
For more, click here: Balloon.