The current needs are tremendous, critical among them include water delivery, support to health facilities and medical care for families wounded
Hi Lee. Thanks for your question. A lot of people want to donate to help those in the Ukraine suffering from this war. I couldn’t find much in the way of local charities. But American Red Cross, which has a New Mexico chapter, is trying to help. According to its web site, the Red Cross has:
- Distributed more than 90,000 food and hygiene parcels to families on the move across Ukraine, including to Mariupol.
- Supported the evacuation of over 57,000 people from the towns of Energodar and Sumy and the Kviy, Kharkiv and Kherson regions.
- Provided first aid training to more than 42,000 people across the country.
- Delivered more than 400 tons of food, blankets, medicine, medical supplies, trauma kits and household items.
- Assisted with the evacuation of people with disabilities.
- Supported logistics pipelines into Ukraine to ensure critical items can be delivered.
In the coming weeks, Red Cross says that its volunteers will “increase their work reuniting separated families, providing food and other household items, and increasing awareness about areas contaminated by unexploded ordnance. The current needs are tremendous, critical among them include water delivery, support to health facilities and medical care for families wounded.”
To make a donation, go here.